Email signatures are, in my opinion, one of the easiest yet most neglected marketing piece. Those that are taking advantage of email signatures are typically doing it right… and then there are those that don’t use email signatures at all, and it’s a huge inconvenience to your email recipients.
Perhaps a REPLY is not appropriate… maybe I want to give you a call, or learn more on your website, or plan a visit to your store/shop/office, but you have no email signature. Do I take the time to ask, do I take the time to search, or do I move on? Convenience is a vital element to spur action from our target audience. The easier you make it for your potential client to take action, the more likely the conversion.
Look more professional and make a commitment to set up your email signature. Not tomorrow, or next week. Do it NOW! It’s so easy, and most email platforms allow you to do so. Not sure how? Look it up on YouTube (links to random Gmail and Outlook videos provided below):
- Gmail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBkKRJlTwIs
- Microsoft Outlook 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcnnk7k4NZA
Not sure what to include? I’ve included suggestions below:
- Name (first & last)
- Phone Number (office and cell, perhaps?)
- Job Position
- Company / Organization Name
- Location Address / Mailing Address
- Website Address (with clickable URL)
- Social Media (with clickable URLs)
- Image of Company / Organization Logo
- Image of YOU (get a professional portrait)
- Slogan / Tagline
- (Do you have any other ideas? Please share them in the comments!)
Find whatever combination works best for you and your recipients. You can provide a lot of information in a small amount of space (look up Email Signature Examples on Google Images). You certainly don’t want to overload recipients with too much information, but making sure you give them what they need to take action is a wise move on your part, and a nicely designed email signature looks really sharp (first impressions anyone?). Please lend your suggestions in the comments below. And, if you need help, I’d love to help you get your signature set up so it is attached to every email You send automatically – just give me a call or shoot me an email!